Tuesday, September 16, 2014

"On a scale of 1 to 10, describing my MTC experience, I would give it a 9."

We received another hand written letter today!


Sept 14, 2014


   Hey Guys,


    This is really awkward, but I reached into my suit pocket today and found a check we missed from my farewell.  I feel really bad about not finding it earlier.  Please apologize for me.


    I think that I might give my overall feelings of the MTC.  I really enjoyed it.  I didn't know what to expect going into it, but I had a really good time.  I have learned so much here in such a short period of time.  I really have come to love all these elders in my district.  I was looking around the room the other day and I felt that I have been living here for years.  I think that it will be sad to say good-bye to the Florida Elders (in his district) but I plan to get their emails so I can keep in touch with them.  My teachers have been great.  They have greatly helped me to learn how to teach and why investigators need to learn about the Atonement.


   Tonight was our Sunday devotional.  The speaker was Tad R. Callister and his wife.  He is the General Sunday School President.  He spoke on how using the Plan of Salvation can help investigators to understand the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  In the front of the room was a few rows of deaf missionaries.  I spent most of the time watching the interpreters.  I still paid attention to the speaker, but I tried matching the words to the signs.  It was a great thing.  I remembered a lot of signs I forgot and learned a few new ones like baptism and doctrine.  (He took ASL as a language in high school and loved it) 


   By the time you get this, I will probably have called you and told you all of this, but I needed to send you the check, so I am writing it down anyway. 


    On a scale of 1 to 10, describing my MTC experience, I would give it a 9.  I attribute this to my mainly looking at the positive each day.  There was a few negative things, but I tried to focus my thoughts mainly on the positive.  Thank you all for teaching me this pattern of thinking.  I will try to remember it for my whole mission.  I love you all so much.  Have a good week.
                    
Love,
      Warner




    He did call us from the airport.  It was great to hear his voice and to hear how his time at the MTC was.  He has really learned a lot and learned to love the elders in his district and group going to Ghana with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment