September 10, 2014
Dear Family,
Just a few things that I forgot to mention in my email. We went to the temple today. It was beautiful, the Celestial room was amazing. I made sure to grab a schedule card before I left. (His mom suggested he collects one from each temple he visits, like collecting cards).
We talked to the MTC doctor about the doxi pills. He was very reassuring, telling us that the pills will give you severe heartburn, like a heart attack, if not completely swallowed and it would last for a week. Reassuring. But he was very informative. We can pickup our first 15 pills anytime and start them on Tuesday.
Elder Lawson and I got Alfredo (Brother Marsden) to commit to baptism and we gave him a blessing because he wasn't feeling well. I was nervous, but I think it went well. Elder Lawson and I are working well together. We are both quiet but we teach well. I think so anyway. Brother Marsden says he can feel our love for Alfredo.
We have been assigned as Branch music coordinators, which means we pick hymns and assign piano players and chorister, not to hard. I can't believe one week has already past. We have learned so much in this week and leave next Tuesday, 6 Days. I can't believe it. 3 of the Elders in our zone have to stay longer because their visas haven't come yet. I hope that doesn't happen to us. If you haven't figured out how to turn off my alarm, go-to menu, tools, alarms, and turn off alarms (he left the alarm on his cell phone on and his mom and sister couldn't find it or how to turn it off). Sorry about that, I meant to turn it off, it was a crazy day, as you know. I almost brought it with me. That would have been funny.
The Elders here are great. Elder Riley is hilarious, but makes it difficult to study a lot. Elder Holt looks serious, but then comes out with a witty comment, that cracks us up. He also looks like James Franko ( the actor who played Harry Osborn in the first Spider-Man). Elder Vause is funny but he makes a great zone leader. His companion, Elder Murdock, is really serious and sometimes gets upset at the lightness of our manner, which is a good thing. He is really a great guy and we are trying to be more serious for him, and to help him understand that humor relieves our stress. All these guys are great. I didn't know I could love 5 guys so fast.
Seriously Mom, please tell me about things you guys do at home. It brings back memories and helps me a lot. Just don't give me every detail, of every movie that comes out (Dad). That might make me crazy.
It is almost time for lights out. I love you all. Thanks for the letters.
Love, Warner
No comments:
Post a Comment