Elder Warner Ashby in Africa

He will be serving in the Sierra Leone Freetown Mission as he teaches the Gospel of Jesus Christ for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Monday, January 25, 2016

It is confirmed

    Thanks to social media,  everyone knew of this new assignment before me. (I honestly have not posted this on Facebook at all! We just told a few family members and his really good friend.) I was cutting my hair Monday evening when president called me and told me the assignment.  He wanted to do it tomorrow at our special training but some of us heard before about the re assignment.  There are 4 of us going.  Elder Wilson, Elder Vause (both of who were called there first and was with me in the MTC) and Elder St. Mars and myself.  We will go to Sierra Leone in March around the 8th.  The mission president is from Palmyra, New York and is named Clay something.  There are 36 missionaries from West Africa.  18 Africans and 18 Not-Africans.  I will have had 3 mission presidents during my mission.  I won't be transfered out of Obuasi.  President says they won't move me for one month.  I will have served in Obuasi zone for 14 months, in Kumasi for 4 months and Sierra Leone for 6 months.  Elder Lindley says that he and Naawu are now orphans and that Elder Merchant won't have a grandfather.

     Other than that, this week was nice.  I have been trying to keep my mind on Ghana and less on my new mission.  I have been talking with Elder Hill who was with Verdoni when he left.  He says that Verdoni got distracted somehow by everything and I don't want that to happen to soon.  I know I will have to think about it sooner or later but I want to think about where I am now.  I went on exchange with Elder Powell this week.  We had to do some baptism interviews for one of the elders and then they called us and said that they were preparing fufu for us that evening so we should come.  It was nice. I will miss fufu while I am in Sierra Leone.

    We are going to Kumasi tonight for the special training with president and will come back on Tuesday evening.  I hope everyone has a great week.

love you,
   Elder Warner Ashby

Posted by Unknown at 3:56 PM
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Elder Warner Ashby

Elder Warner Ashby
I will be serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Liberia. This is a blog for family and friends to read my e-mails home. August 2014- August 2016 Update: I will now serve in the Ghana Kumasi Mission. Another Update: I will now be serving in the Sierra Leone Freetown Mission

Sierra Leone Flag Map

Sierra Leone Flag Map
Reassigned to the Sierra Leone Freetown Mission

Ghana Flag Map

Ghana Flag Map
Reassigned to the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Liberian Flag map

Liberian Flag map
In honor of my original call to the Liberia Monrovia Mission
Kumasi
Weather in Kumasi

My Blog List

  • An African Adventure
    After Christmas - Saturday morning the 29th of December. We finally have a break from the mission medical rush. We have had one Elder in the Hospital with Dengue Fever, a Sis...
    7 years ago
  • Elder & Sister Cosgrave
    - Dear friends, This was to be sent but time sped up and I never published it. I am senfding it on with the note that we are home and an updated message is ...
    8 years ago
  • Elder Ethan Brimhall – Sierra Leone Freetown LDS Mission
    Almost Home! - Ethan is finally back over the North American continent!
    8 years ago
  • Prepare to serve
    Prominent LDS Mentor/Energy Healer Shuts Down Websites, Speaks Out About Deception - It took a lot of humility and courage for Aimee Benefield to share her story. For the past few years, she had been an influential face in the world of ener...
    8 years ago
  • Gone to Ghana!
    Back to the Office... - Hello All! This week wasn't too shabby! This week we had Zone Conferences!! So it was nice to be able to see a lot of old missionary buddies! The instructi...
    10 years ago
  • Elder Verdoni Kumasi Ghana Mission
    Liberian Independence - Aug 1, 2016 Hello! Another week came and I thought I would have time with it but it ran from me too fast! Still a good one! Tuesday was Liberia's independ...
    10 years ago
  • Called to Serve in Africa
    2 months till this boy is home but who's counting... -
    10 years ago
  • Hunter In Africa
    - April 11, 2016 *This week we just got a few pictures from Elder Snow. (Still not great quality but I'll take em)* Me and my companion us picking up our b...
    10 years ago

Elder Ashby loves mail

To send letters through the church's "pouch" system:

Use a single sheet of paper (Not notebook paper or other lightweight paper), written on one side only. Lay the blank side of the letter face down with the writing facing you. Fold the top of the letter down about 1/3 of the way and crease. Fold the bottom of the letter to the top of the first fold and crease. Use two pieces of tape to secure it not more than one inch from each side, but do not seal the sides. Do not include any other items within the letter. Use one regular US stamp.

Address to:

Sierra Leone Freetown Mission

The Church of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints

Elder Warner Ashby

P.O. Box 30150

Salt Lake City, Ut 84130-0150

Pouch


To send a regular letter (envelope and 3-4 pages, etc...)

Use $1.15 in postage:

Mailing address:
Elder Warner Ashby
Sierra Leone Freetown Mission
P.O. Box 263
Freetown
Sierra Leone





Blog Archive

  • ▼  2016 (35)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (6)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ▼  January (4)
      • It is confirmed
      • Huh?
      • This weeks stuffs
      • New Year"s
  • ►  2015 (56)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  September (4)
    • ►  August (5)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (5)
  • ►  2014 (27)
    • ►  December (5)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  October (4)
    • ►  September (11)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  June (1)
Watermark theme. Powered by Blogger.