Hey everyone.
First off, happy birthday to dad on Sunday.
How does it feel to only recieve 2 more emails from me. This one and next week. If I send anything on the 22nd it will be "see you soon."
This week was fine. Brother Quinton was sick this week so we couldn't work with him. And since lots of our investigators don't speak english, we made this week a recent converts week. Some of them also don't speak english which made teaching about baptisms for the dead hard. Those things mainly happened at the beginning of the week. On Thursday, we had zone meeting. My last one. After, Elder Ikegbunnen and I went to town again. The shirt I bought was too small, so I exchanged it and he bought some other stuff he needed. He goes to the mission home today. The shirt I just exchanged that the first guy showed me was large and fit, but too expensive. The next guy gave me the same size shirt but it was too small. The one I have now fits. Elder Samche also went and got himself malaria that week. He was pretty weak and was complaining of headaches. He said he couldn't go to the meeting on Thursday. Apparently it got worse and Carlson took him to the hospital where he spent the night. On Friday, Carlson and I went to pick him up. He was much better then. Sister Clawson talked to him about taking Doxi everyday. The rest of Friday was rain. The rain has been much less than past weeks but that day the rain went most of the day and didn't finish until late afternoon. To late to travel to Allentown.
Saturday, we were supposed to have a branch football match after chapel cleaning, but very few people came. Quinton wanted some exercise to help him get strength back so we walked back to Grafton together. It is about a 30 minute walk. Elder Patrick was dying, but I liked it.
Elder Carlson and Brimhall have their birthdays this and last week so they are having a celebration at the apartment today. We will be eating cake for their birthday's. Sister Carley made the cake yesterday. I also hope to be able to pick up my Krio bible today. No Krio Book of Mormons. Sorry. This week I am going to start going through my bags and see what I can give away or what I don't need. Then I will give that small bag to Quinton. I am not counting but I do hit single digits on Saturday.
When I get home today I have to wash all my clothes. All of us got really lazy with the rain and only washed when we needed clothes. I gave all my white shirts to one of the girls in the compound to wash for me. I still have my pants and socks to do. We have offered to pay her before but she wouldn't accept. From here we will go shop and to the stake center. I plan to blow what is left of my sub money in the supermarkets these next two weeks. Eat very little rice. I'll buy cheese, cereal, snack stuff, I don't really know yet. Elder Carlson and I did make chili and ate it with rice which was pretty good, but still rice.
Have a great week. I love you all,
Elder Warner Ashby
No comments:
Post a Comment