Monday, August 15, 2016

I'm singing in the rain....

Heylo everyone,


    First, Happy Birthday to Dad.  Sorry about the cold but I hope it was still a good day.
Second, I have been having dreams for 2 years that the stake president was late and I am waiting long hours for him to come. (in one of them I was playing Assassins Creed with Savannah while waiting. Random side note)  I would not like to have that be a reality. Please.
Third, no one told me anything about the Olympics starting.  Though I have realized I will miss the closing ceremonies by a few days.

     I am glad you all had a great week and fun camping.  This week wasn't too bad.  The rain was a bit dryer this week.  Rainy season is ending.  Or at least we have past the climax.  So some days it rains all day and others we have bright sunny skys for most of the day.  And then in the evening, it is driving wind and rain.  We were able to contact a few of our potential investigators.  Quinton is still sick so we couldn't do too much with them.  I am trying to move back from planning to allow Elder Patrick to do the planning for us.  That way he can be more comfortable when he has a new companion next transfer.  No baptisms for us this week.  Brother Ramsford hasn't been coming to church and he is either really busy or something because we haven't seen him.  I am going to try the "this is my last week in church, come listen to my testimony" trick to help him come to church.

    We had a few apartment activities this week.  We made fufu in the apartment again this week, and next week we are going to do it again.  That will be my last fufu on mission. I found Apple Jacks, pancake syrup, spaghetti sauce, Poptarts, cake mix (just to eat the batter of course) at the market.  We were supposed to have a missionaries vs Allentown Branch football match on Saturday, but it was rained out.  I was a bit disappointed.  We had been doing a lot of trash talking about the match.  Maybe they will plan one after I leave.  This Saturday is the "All Africa Service Project".  All of us are going to Waterloo to clean some area.  I don't know where.  After that, the other missionaries have a baptism and then that evening I will have a burning ceremony to burn all my old garments, socks, sheets and other unnecessary stuff.  I gave my suit jacket to my branch president on Sunday.  He was really happy.  It fit him perfect.

      Right now there are 5 missionaries in the apartment.  When I leave, they will be 4.  Then the next week is week one and new missionaries will come.  They will be up to 6 again for a while.  They will open the Allentown apartment in a few weeks I think.  There are people inside renovating it now. So Patrick and his companion will move in there.  

         As excited as I am to come home, I will really miss being in Africa serving a mission.  I really love it here and all the things I learn from being on a mission.  I have learned so much about myself and about the church.  Being on mission is something really special.  It is something that I will miss greatly.  But I know that being home will be an opportunity to learn new things that the Lord wants for me.

I hope you all have a great week.  Love you.
love, Elder Warner Ashby
A picture "borrowed "from Elder Brimhall


No comments:

Post a Comment