Monday, May 16, 2016

Harry S. Mouse

Or whatever that book was called.  (Ralph S. Mouse)

Hello everyone,

    This week was cool.  We have almost finished with the lessons for Daniel and Geniba and Daniel had his interview on Thursday.  His baptism will be on Saturday and Genibe hopefully next week.  There are also some other investigators in Grafton who should join her, Sister Fatmata and Susan, who are part member family.  They should have an interview this week.

    So I think I told you about our mouse issue we have in the apartment.  Them living in our stove and roof. (He didn't tell us about the roof mice)  Well this week Elder Samche calls me into the kitchen and shows me a large mouse running across our counter, down behind the fridge and up the gas line into the stove.  They sit in the part between the oven and the stove where all the gas and wire lines are.  We closed the doors and armed ourselves, me with a broom and him with a board.  We took the back off the oven and tried to get it out, but it wouldn't so I tilted the oven and shook it out the bottom.  Well, the mouse ran toward the storage room and squeezed under the door and hid.  It can't get out from there, but it can hide. So we took every plastic bag we had and shoved it under the kitchen door so it couldn't escape that way and then got it out from hiding and killed it.  (no picture of a dead mouse this time, but I will send one of the room).  We can still hear more up in the roof, so it is not over.  We got a mouse trap that will help.

    This week we learned that we will be split when all the greenies come because we will both be training.  One of us will take Allentown, most likely me. and the other will take Kossoh Town and Grafton.  That is alright with me because it is only one branch. The branch has problems but I can handle it for 3 months.  I will be covering 3 old proselyting areas all by ourselves and part of the area where the chapel is is on a mountain.  The new guy is going to die of exhaustion.  I am surprised that mom has never said anything about the word greenie but she hates the word sevy.  Just something I have been thinking about. (The word sevy is a nickname aimed toward seventh graders to belittle them.  And he is right I don't like that. But I have never thought about the word greenie. They are green.  New and tender. I don't think it is a word used to belittle.)  Having one branch will help get things normal, because, covering 3 makes things difficult.  We don't really have weeks that are the same. Some are busy and others and less.  Depending on which branch we spend more time in and what help we can receive.

    Brother Doe's surgery was a success and his neck pain is greatly reduced.  We hope that soon he will come home and then he can work from home.
   
     I love you all.  Have a great birthday this week Cordy.  Happy #14.  Have a great week everyone.
Love,  Elder Warner Ashby

No comments:

Post a Comment