Monday, December 14, 2015

One last week of being a teenager

Hey guys,
    I got the packages last Monday.  I opened the 1st and 4th.  I think that is what you said.  The baseball is great.  I can lay on my bed and toss it up and down and just relax.  The meat is great.  It will make my fried egg sandwiches great.  I am really regretting buying cheese.  About a month ago I went to replenish my supply and they were all gone.  Now I am going through withdrawls, my choices of food dropped again.

    This week was full of ups and downs.  Some days just went great and others days we couldn't find anyone at their house to save our lives.  Seemed like small kids were everywhere though.  All shouting "obroni!".  Our finding this week was rough but our lessons were better than before I think.  Yesterday, we had district conference at Branch One.  Getting all our members and investigators to the chapel was a pain, but we managed to have 4 at church which is a good number for us.  The talks were nice, the ones in English anyway.  President and Sister Cosgrave came and spoke to everyone.  Their talks were nice.  Sister Cosgrave talked about teaching our children the gospel and President talked about the life of Christ and applying it to our lives.  We also had a meeting with him and Ike to discuss some of the issues in our branch.

     This week we will have zone conference in Kumasi on Thursday.  We will leave on Wednesday morning and go though Kumasi and buy some stuff.  I want a cake mix for my birthday and to go to KFC.  We will sleep in the mission home and Sister Cosgrave will make us breakfast.  The conference will be half conference and half Christmas activity I think.  President said that there will be instruction and then some activities.  All the zones that meet that day will have a special Christmas hymn to do.  Our zone picked "Angels We Have Heard On High" as our hymn.  I hope it is good since we chose it yesterday and practiced once.  We won't meet again till Wednesday.

     Next week we should have 2 baptisms.  Two small girls who are sisters with some of our young men have been coming to church for a while now and are preparing for their baptism.  We finished the lessons and now just have to interview them.  One of our investigators also gave herself a baptism date.  She told us that she wants to baptize on the first week of the New Year.  We told her no problem, we just have to meet with you twice a week and finish everything and have an interview.  We are almost finished with her so it hopefully will be no problem.

     I love you all.  You all need to stop being sick.  But even me, my nose is running with the change of season.  Everyone gets sick at start of dry season.  Elder Naawu was sick with a cold and now I feel one coming.  Lots of sneezing.
 
Have a great week.
love you all,
Elder Warner Ashby
pounding fufu

he loves fufu!

No comments:

Post a Comment